Accessibility: Preferences for Viewing This Site
For maximum accessibility, we recommend setting your browser with the following options in General Options from the Options menu:
- Fonts: 18 pt. (both proportional and fixed)
- Colors: Let Document Override
- Background: Default
To change the font size while you are browsing , use the following key equivalents (for Internet Explorer, Netscape, Opera, or Safari):
|| + or -
||Control + or Control -
This site has been designed so that it can be used whether or not you wish
to have graphics downloaded. If you have " Load Images" unchecked (i.e., turned off), the site will appear with small icons and brief text descriptions of the graphics. Selecting any small icon will bring up the associated full graphic.
This web site is compliant with the Section
508 requirements for web sites of federal agencies. Section 508 requires
that people with disabilities seeking information or services from a Federal
agency have access comparable to those without disabilities.
Some accessibility features of this web site include:
- The use of Cascading Style Sheets to control formatting. This allows
users to use their own custom style sheet settings for legibility.
- All content is either in plain text, or are available in text-equivalents.
Reports and presentations can be read on-line as HTML, or downloaded as PDF
files, or Microsoft Office (Excel or PowerPoint) documents.
- All data tables contain row and column information correlated with
each data cell.
- Some additional accessibility features of this web site are only supported
by some browsers. We encourage you to update your browser version to
take advantage of these features:
- The navigation bar on every page is accessible by keyboard
access keys: for example, Control + H or Alt + H for Home.
The access keys are also given as ALT tags on button images so that
screen readers can understand them.
- All links and form elements can be browsed through with the TAB
key and can be selected using the RETURN or ENTER key.